Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Rogue chemist.

So I just finished playing Rogue Chemist in my research lab; I made an intricate cell lysis buffer solution I've never mixed all by myself, and the process was entertainingly intense. I had two flasks going simultaneously with magnetic stir bars, and my measuring equipment and official/ominous-looking reagents were spread out all over the place. I managed to locate every reagent I needed in the required concentration and state except KCl and MgCl2, which were in powder and crystal, respectively. From there, I had to break out the old TI-89 to calculate, weigh, and mix my own molar solutions. I worked with a base that bubbled beautifully when added to solution, making my stir bar's swirling vortex that much more fun.

Let me tell you, playing Chemist is SO MUCH FUN when it isn't mandatory and there's no six-page writeup...WHOA, OMG, vertigo attack. This is crazy. I'd better go get a drink, and maybe some simple carbohydrates.

No comments: