Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Efficiency.

I've recently become aware of how blindingly efficient I am at passing judgment on others.

Subconsciously, from the moment I meet someone, something in me quickly and comprehensively assesses what it deems the "quality" of their appearance, words, intelligence level and sense of self, turning it into some type of Relative Worth Quotient from which my conscious self bases all future interactions. It's almost embarrassing.

Sure, I know everyone does this, whether they're aware they do or not, but I'm ashamed to say that I exploit it. I detect others' weak places and counter them with my own strengths so I appear flawless in comparison, strangling another's idea with a string of logic I concoct just to make them vulnerable.

It's pathetic in the basest sense of the word.

No comments: