Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Friday, May 2, 2008

Tangible.

It's amazing what a difference small class sizes can make.
Today was Senior Skip Day, and in true overachiever fashion, I attended nearly every class. Call me a nerd, but today was actually one of the best school days I've had yet. In Stats, we had four students, and I was the only one who did the homework, so I basically got a personal study session with the teacher (our AP test is Tuesday; this was really nice). I skipped World History to go home and eat breakfast (which I regretted later; I heard it was fun) but went to English, which was very conversational (rare in that class) and relaxed. I wrote a practice poetry AP essay and was able to get specific, personal feedback on the spot from my teacher, which was immensely helpful. Med Tech was the best, though; we learned phlebotomy, and there were five of us there, so each of us got the chance to practice on a fake arm the entire time instead of having to wait in long, chaotic lines and worry about switching off. I was a natural! Haha. Really, though, I was pleasantly surprised to realize that I am very good at venipuncture. I was able to get "blood" the first time I tried, every time (butterfly needles and normal ones), and everyone was watching me and asking for tips. It was great. I think being a phlebotomist would be a fun college job, and I'm seriously considering becoming certified. We also did microhematocrits, where I got to stab myself with an autolet and spin a tube of my blood in a centrifuge, separating my plasma from my cells. I've never seen my plasma before, and it was beautifully surreal.

Moral of the story: small class sizes = fun, relaxed atmosphere = better, more personal learning.

No comments: