Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

LA.

The AP Lit test was today, and I think I did pretty well, all things considered. I know it's a difficult test, though, because there are a lot of good writers out there, so I don't want to make any score predictions just yet.
I like feeling good after standardized tests.
I'm really not ready for the Bio one, though.

My last-period Linear Algebra class constitutes our school's intellectual playground, the Realm of the Uber-Nerds, where obscure knowledge is celebrated, not mocked. I can't think of any place I'd rather be. We talk and play, argue and draw, diagram, program, research, graph, challenge, explain, laugh, and tease. Among the ten of us, we have four National Merit Scholarships, a set of perfect ACT/SAT scores, over 30 AP 5's, the positions of valedictorian and salutatorian, multiple national recognitions in math, science, medicine and computer programming, and tens of thousands of dollars in scholarship money. We disassemble things to throw them against walls, watching them smash, again and again. We explicate everything from subatomic particles and music composition to brilliant literature and independent film, exposing our personalities with our beautifully intricate toys: electric currents, chemicals, sterile needles, tubes of iron, magnets and geometric cubes. In this group, we all belong; we are part of each other, together, the collective embodiment of eighteen-year-old potential.

Today, even though all of us had been extracurricular-excused for AP Lit, we had nearly 100% attendance. I found a butterfly needle in my purse, so I practiced venipuncture in effigy.

In that class, there's always someone who can answer your questions. Usually, I ask about physics and answer about medicine. I like having things explained to me, and I like explaining them to others.

Nerds ftw!
♥ ♥ ♥

No comments: