Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Black and white.

Think the Ugly Sweater party was a success?
OUR "BLACK AND WHITE" GRADUATION PARTY BLEW IT OUT OF THE PROVERBIAL WATER.

At first, I was scared no one would come. I was setting up the poolhouse alone until 8:30, when Angel, Sky, Louisa, Liz, Katie and her cousins showed up to help me with a crash course in heavy decorating- tablecloths, plates/napkins, food, drinks, music, and black and white balloons in the pool (which looked really sweet). Inside, I was freaking out--what if we failed? What if what we'd marketed all week as being "the biggest party of the year" took an unexpected, ill-fated nosedive?

Luckily for all involved, I was dead wrong.

At the beginning (9 pm), the party was a bit awkward, but it got going really quickly and turned out to be absolutely incredible! We had over 250 people from at least 5 different schools. There was tons of food, loud music, swimming optional, and an intense pickup basketball game. Many thanks to my DJ, D-9 (Dan), who rocked an intense dance party in the back by the gazebo with spinning, colorful lights and massive speakers, all pro bono. I love that kid. This party was bigger than any high school dance I've ever been to. Every group was represented- we had the popular, preppy kids dancing and eating right along with the Latinos and the athletes and half of my Linear Algebra class. :-) And you know what? True to the theme, almost everyone dressed up. Even the people I didn't know came all decked out in black and white. WOW. Faith even overheard some kids saying things like "This is the best high school party I've ever been to!"

This second, wildly successful party has proven the Friendship to be pretty awesome hostesses.
Haha- it's too bad we reached the peak of our popularity now, when there are a whole two more days of high school left for us to enjoy it.

As for the aftermath, most of the Friendship decided to sleep over at Faith's house, and we went to Denny's at 2:30 with some friends before crashing on her floor. I had to wake up at 7, however, to make it to a HOSA breakfast.

All in all, the past 24 hours have been beyond amazing.
I'm off to take a well-deserved nap.

No comments: