Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It's all happening.

My worries:
  •  Completing my mission papers (almost there!)
  •  Tomorrow's Arabic speaking final: describing مقالات الانبا in Fusha and اولادنا في لندن in Amiya to a native speaker for a grade; no pressure, right?
  •  Monday's (as yet unwritten) 10-page paper on Byzantine Christianity and the Roman empire
  •  Tuesday's Arabic texts final (be able to translate anything from ten scholarly essays, thirteen news articles, and four narratives)
  •  Wednesday morning's Hebrew final (the Hebrew Bible's basically fair game)
  •  Wednesday afternoon's Arabic vocabulary final (all possible vocabulary from the past two years)
  •  Next week's 10-page research paper on who-knows-what (the fact that I haven't started is killing me)
  •  Finals week (two history finals and one more in Arabic)
  •  The actual second language acquisition research paper I'm writing for actual publication cred, which I keep putting off because of the items listed above
  •  My normal homework load and my three jobs
My plan:
Tonight I will do my regular homework and translate as many Arabic texts as I can handle. Tomorrow I have a packed day and class/work until 7 pm. I'll take an hour off from work and use it to practice for my speaking final, which I'll take at 2:30 pm. After Tibetan class that night I'll do homework, practice Arabic vocabulary, translate more texts, and possibly get a handle on my research paper. By Thursday I will try to finalize my mission stuff (that is, if my passport decides to arrive), set up the lab exam for my parasitology students, do my regular homework, solidify my idea for my history research paper, and hopefully gather all relevant materials (which there shouldn't be a lot of if my idea holds any water). Over the weekend I will write my Byzantine Christianity paper and send it to the TA for feedback. I will cram vocabulary in Arabic and Hebrew, I will translate extensively in both languages, and I will really get working on my history research paper. I will read for/prepare for/contribute to my book club on Sunday night (In Defense of Food). I will also finish grading my students' papers. That way, on Monday I can focus exclusively on making sure I know every Arabic text and on Tuesday I can tackle Hebrew translations/vocab and Arabic vocab (which I'm hoping I won't have to cram Tuesday night, as I'll be cramming Hebrew). Then I'll have reading days, during which I'll perfect/finalize my history research paper and study for both of my history exams, one of which I'll take next Saturday and the other I'll take the following Monday. Arabic will be last; I'll take the grammar exam Wednesday afternoon. I'll move out of my apartment that night and head to St. George with my family and my cousins the next morning for some much needed REST.

oh my goodness.
it's all happening.

1 comment:

Becca Ricks said...

We missed you on Sunday night. It was a great discussion and involved copious amounts of eggs and chickens.