Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Chemist.

My cousin-in-law Haley made delicious chocolate chip cookies tonight. I liked them so much that after five hours of translation I wandered downstairs like an Arabic zombie in search of more cookies. The cookies were all eaten, but I found the extra cookie dough in the fridge, prompting me to think, “Hey, I know. I’ll make my own cookie in the microwave.” So I made a little ball of cookie dough, set it on a paper plate, and set the timer for one minute. Fifty-nine seconds later, I suspected that something might be amiss. I opened the microwave to a torrent of smoke, a scorched “cookie,” and an about-to-combust plate. After throwing open doors and breaking out the Febreze, I tasted the cookie just in case it might be good despite the fact that it looked like a charcoal briquette. It wasn’t. That’s when I realized that I am qualified to take graduate level chemistry. And that’s when I realized that my extensive scientific education is in all likelihood a waste.

Also, Required Arabic 202 Texts in Order of Student Interest (n=1)
1)    زواج الجيل الجديد
2)    ألف ليلة و ليلة
3)    هدى شعروي
4)    مهمة الجامعة
5)    وفاة توفيق الحكيم
6)    بداية الصحافة العربية
7)    قضاية الفصحى و العامية
8)    ابن بطوطة
9)    عادات رمضان
865)    من المؤسسات الاجتماعية من الحضارة العربية

1 comment:

Becca Ricks said...

Hahahaha. This made me laugh so much. I hated that text about the bathhouses in the Middle East.