Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Now.

My Life In Four Words:
if
get
in.

March is coming, and with March comes all of my acceptances/rejections. Cross your fingers.
Cornell contacted me and said I made it past the initial round of review, which is a good sign, but I haven't heard from anywhere else.

In addition to my existing acceptance anxiety, I just applied to live in BYU's FLSR (Foreign Language Student Residence) for next fall/winter semesters. The application opened at 12:00. I submitted mine at 12:02.
This is how it goes down at the Arabic house:
  • You speak only Arabic in the apartment with five roommates, one of whom is a native speaker.
  • Every night at 6:00, you all have dinner together (and talk). Everyone switches off cooking food.
  • You watch only Arabic movies and TV in the apartment (there's a common room with a big screen for English stuff).
  • Non-target-language visitors can stay a few minutes, but then have to move to the common room.
It sounds perfect for me. That is, if I get in.

P.S. The Olympics end on Sunday. :-( My GPA would like to thank the IOC.

1 comment:

Coswig said...

I don't think you'll have a problem getting in. The problem is finding a native speaker. (Last year they planned on a women's Arabic house, but they never found an RF so they had to scrap that idea.)