Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Evocative.

Every time I see police lights on the road, they remind me of something from my past--like some distant memory I've never been able to place. It's bugged me for four or five years.
And today I placed the memory.
The relief was immense and physical, like all those synaptic ties to my childhood were finally realized and validated.

Police lights remind me of:

This is a '90s PC computer game I was obsessed with as a child. In it, you play a pizza boy on a skateboard who throws donuts to police cars and pizzas to escaping criminals. You build cars and drive around the island and throw things at people and go jetskiing and listen to music and you FIND things...clues? I don't remember what they were, but you drive around and find clues and eventually you get to fly around in a helicopter and trace the escaped criminal...wow, it's all coming back to me. I was brilliant at this game. I won every time.
And to this day, this is what police lights remind me of.
Here's a poster from it--I think it was at the little restaurant on the beach.
 (P.S. Is this Lego girl topless??)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice read. I would love to follow you on twitter.