Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Keep your distance.

Two hemoflagellate protozoan diseases to be avoided AT ALL COSTS:
* Warning! Pictures not for the faint of heart! I've selected relatively tame ones, but if you're not used to seeing this kind of thing, they may shock you! *

1. Mucocutaneous leishmaniasis: (pic) A secondary complication of cutaneous leishmaniasis (pic) caused by Leishmania braziliensis, this disease erodes moist, soft tissue, like your nasal septum or the area around your lips.

2. Post-kala-azar dermal leishmaniasis: (pic) Secondary to a visceral leishmaniasis infection by Leishmania donovani, this nodular rash can appear years after you think you've gotten rid of the disease.

In other news, I have 21 students so far for fall semester. :-) I like looking at the class registration and watching the few spots left open slowly fill up. I can't wait to be a TA.

2 comments:

Hermana Ferrin said...

What class are you TAing for? I've forgotten...

Jessica Elysse said...

MMBio 417 (Medical Parasitology). :-)