Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Google.

You know, every time someone Googles something that takes them to my blog, I get a copy of their keyword text. Some people Google my complete web address, prompting me to wonder at the fact that they have the information they need to find me, but must use Google as a mediator (?). Other people Google my web address, but they spell it wrong ("incense" misspelled as "insense").

Most entertaining, though, are the people who obviously never meant to end up here. The other day I had two visitors from New Jersey who Googled "aelisheva" and found me because it was the title of Katie's most recent post. More disturbing search text has been "paradoxes of material implication," an ominous query I traced back to a server in India, and "Why do they put plugs in the eyes and mouth of cadavers?" from someone in New York.
Another person a little closer to home, possibly frustrated by finals, Googled "PDBIO 120 TEST" (in all caps, nonetheless), and was presumably disappointed by the fact that there are no illegitimate answers to be found on my blog.

Keep Googling, folks! Just today, I've already had visitors from Portugal and Venezuela. I love the Internet.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Wow, how do you see that?

I feel like I'd be creeped out if I knew my blog got random hits from all over.

Jessica Elysse said...

See the hit counter oh-so-subtly nestled at the bottom of my main page? It tells me everything I could ever want to know.