Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Insanity.

Are you ever so tired that you start legitimately hallucinating?

My hallucinations are auditory and visual, and for both, it's like my brain loses what I like to call its 'rationality filter.' It can't understand that whatever I'm thinking about is utterly illogical. Today during a guest lecture there were quesadillas boiling in a large pot. I had a top view, like I was looking down into the pot, and there were boiling quesadillas being stirred. Wtf? And I was convinced the lecturer was singing, and I enjoyed the music for a full minute before remembering(?) it wasn't real.

Maybe this is how insanity starts.

The weird part is that I'm beginning to think things like this go on inside my head all the time, and it's only when I'm tired that I lose control of my rationality filter and get to see what I'm really thinking about. And if my mind's really just playing around with boiling quesadillas, I think I might be screwed.

No comments: