Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wow.

I just received the roster for my Harvard internship!
There are 35 interns, and I'm the only one from BYU. The others hail from Harvard, UC Davis, Univ. of VA, Olin, Cambridge, Oxford, Carleton, Stanford, British Columbia, Rutgers, Brown, Wellesley, Universidad de Costa Rica, North Carolina State, Wesleyan, Ripon, Univ. of PA, Mt. Holyoke, and Aga Khan (in Pakistan)!

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, I AM THE ONLY ONE NAMED JESSICA.

I can't wait to meet البنت الباكستانية; I Googled her university and Arabic studies are central to their curriculum. Guess I'll have someone to practice with! :-)

A Collection of Facts I Can Hardly Believe:
This summer I will live on campus at Harvard University.
I will live in a single bedroom (!!!) in a suite with 3, 4, or 5 roommates.
I will pay $1260 a month for rent.
I will be paid $4320 for doing biomedical research at Boston Children's Hospital alongside two pediatric endocrinologists.
I will be issued an official hospital ID badge.
I will take the M2 shuttle from Harvard Square to the Longwood Medical Plaza every day, and this transportation will be free with the Harvard ID I will be issued.
I will attend a stem cell research class and weekly lectures on campus.

...I am officially an adult scientist.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Congrats, Jessica!

p.s. I really hope that rent price includes board, because that's INSANE.

Hermana Ferrin said...

You've made it! Congrats.

Also, ouch to the price of rent. It kind of boggled my mind when I realized that's more than I spend on tuition in a whole semester.