Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Again!




One more time!
My 4.0 survives its fifth running semester at BYU, despite the malicious efforts of the evil demons of Honors 261 (the course listing and title looks innocuous, but I was scared for my grade all semester). Basically, the class consisted of weekly quizzes with no retakes (worth anywhere from 3 points to 40 points, subject only to professor whim), the buying and reading of eight mildly interesting books that the Bookstore won't buy back (so not worth it), getting totally left out in the cold by my freeloading partner on the twelve-page written midterm and having him take half of the credit for our A, and--the piece de resistance!--me writing/editing 80% of a 20-page paper on the evolutionarily adaptive value of music for which my entire four-person group received equivalent credit. I AM SO GLAD TO BE OUT OF THAT CLASS. There's no freeloading in science. LUCKILY.

2 comments:

Hermana Ferrin said...

Sorry to hear about all the freeloaders, but I'm glad to see you took 292R. No freeloading there, unless you adapt it to refer to enjoying the free food and ideas...
Oh! And congrats.

Jessica Elysse said...

Thanks! And GUESS WHAT. 292R no longer ends its lectures with food! I e-mailed the TA in desperation only to learn that it was "cut from the budget." I e-mailed him this link in response: http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/ but he never replied, so I don't think he appreciated it.