Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

ISD.

There's a folder on my laptop's desktop labeled ISD. It stands for "idiots' self-descriptions," and in it I put screenshots of the most laughable "About Me" sections I can find on Facebook. I don't include names, and once I take each screenshot, I forget who it is attributable to (what I'm trying to say is that this isn't mean-spirited; I don't hate people for writing stupid things about themselves, but it entertains me to collect these descriptions).

Enjoy my favorite so far:
I think there's a bit of a disconnect between this kid and the word "ignorant." He feels targeted when he is making rude comments that provoke the response, "You're being ignorant." Of course, if he is making his rude comments about something he does not know much about, he is indeed being ignorant, justifying the comment (and its apparent frequency; if it's quoted in a paragraph-long self-description, it's probably common). I don't know; maybe we should trust him. He IS the dumbest smart person we will ever meet. I mean, he doesn't believe in paragraphs OR punctuality.

No comments: