Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

We all fall down.

Why am I so okay with being alone?
Shouldn't I care? Everyone else does.
Shouldn't I want people around me, people with which I can laugh, cry, play, share?
And yet...I don't.
I truly, honestly, completely don't.

I am physically lacking the need for companionship that so consumes those I associate with. It simply isn't there. I'm beginning to think it never was.

And yet this feeling isn't impermeable. Every so often, I catch myself thinking, "I wish you would pay attention to me." Soon, though, whatever makes up me kicks in, bitterly commenting, "To what end?" The desire is no more than a social construct to which I know I should adhere. I'm no more than an act of performative identity, hypocrisy incarnate.

To what end indeed.

Ashes to ashes.

1 comment:

Hermana Ferrin said...

Well, companionship isn't just a social construct. After all, to attain the Celestial Kingdom, you need an eternal companion. So it is inherent in us.

But I feel the same way, to some degree. And there are so many people who do treat it as simply a social construct.