Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Venom.

Dear Pre-med Posers,

You make me laugh (but only in the most vindictive, sarcastic way). When I know you got a C in first-level chem or bio (seriously?), you're doing no better in this semester's classes, and/or you are simply a BLABBERING IDIOT, please don't tell people you're "going to be a doctor." Do a little research. Guess what? You aren't. During the time it takes you to figure that out, though, you're giving all of us who honestly work for our position a bad name. No wonder professors hate pre-meds.

I fill my schedule to the brim with science classes, maintain a perfect GPA, work three jobs, am head of genotyping for my lab, am active in on and off campus service organizations, and fill any extra time reading journal articles and teaching myself immunology. Don't get me wrong; I'm not trying to sound self-righteous, but quite honestly, I kill myself for my work. When you show up with a 3.2, ask obvious questions that have already been answered, and then inform our professor that you're pre-med, I am embarrassed to put myself in the same category. You call yourself pre-med, you obnoxious, stupid fool?! Don't. Just--don't.


P.S. I'm considering going the MD/PhD route instead of practicing as an MD, if only because of the people.

No comments: