Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Middle age.

Today I looked in the mirror and realized what I am going to look like when I'm middle-aged.
It was strange and sudden; I stared at myself, and my eyes didn't change, but everything else did, and now I know.

Have you ever seen the movie "Big Fish?" It reminded me of when the little boy looks into the eye of the old witch and sees the way he is going to die.
Like him, I'm calm. Weirded out, but calm.
Like him, I'd rather know.

In other news:
I've accepted a senior-level TA job for next fall semester. I've interviewed to serve as program director of a service organization. I stayed up until 5 AM last night because I wanted to finish reading a memoir, which is my current favorite type of literature. I live for the mornings I wake up early enough to eat oatmeal from Jamba Juice for breakfast. On Tuesdays I take a one-hour nap on the squishy couches at the art museum. I'm getting better at immunology. I can separate and identify random cations from a clear unknown solution. I'm getting ready to go to Jerusalem, and the whole process seems unreal.

No comments: