Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Progression.

I'm getting a lot more adept at phlebotomy, but my hands still tremble uncontrollably when I switch tubes. It's difficult to hold the needle perfectly centered in the vein while manipulating the change in Vacutainers; my patients say I'm good at holding it steady despite my nervous system's rebellion, but I feel the behavior undermines my credibility. Sometimes I wonder if this'll interfere with becoming a surgeon, at least at the microscopic level- most of surgery is large-scale, so it wouldn't be a problem going into a macroscopic specialty, but if I want to specialize in something minute, I have to get this under control. Thanks to my medical assisting course, I know it disappears absolutely with practice, but is it ethical to practice at the possible expense of my work's quality? Augh. I know I've discussed this before, and I'll probably discuss it again, but it seriously bugs me that I can't keep those muscles under voluntary control. Maybe with some targeted exercises, I can strengthen them to the point where my will overrules my nervous system. I'll work on it.

In other news, I leave for Dallas on Monday for HOSA Nationals. More about that later.

No comments: