Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Online now!

It's three in the morning, and I like being able to play on my laptop again. Going without it for a week was more difficult than it should have been. What can I say? I'm a nerd.

Things I do when I don't want to sleep:

1) Play on Facebook.
This morning, I took personality tests and sifted through related groups. According to the most definitive quiz I could find, I'm an INTJ, or "Rational Mastermind." It's strange how test descriptions seem to fit so perfectly. Listen to this (from the Love Life section)..."[Jessica] is a Rational Mastermind (INTJ). In high school, she watched others flirt and felt a combination of envy and disgust. In college, [Jessica] found some dates in her upper level classes and professional organizations. Now, she has a steady boyfriend. They enjoy long technical and philosophical talks and cultural experiences. They have talked of marriage, but at this point, they’re too involved in their careers." That right there is an eerily correct description of myself and the way I see my future love life going. What can I say? These guys know me.
It's also interesting to see who else gets online at this hour. It gives one a strange feeling of camaraderie to see someone else doing the same pointless things you are at the same unnatural time during the night.

2) Blog.
This one's kind of self-explanatory, seeing as though it is the activity in which I am currently engaging myself. It's nice just to write, even if I'm not writing anything important.

3) Listen to music/play on iTunes.
This morning, I went through Coldplay's new CD to see if I like it well enough to buy it or just procure a copy from my little brother. I'm still indecisive. I like Coldplay, though I'm really unsure how I feel about this CD.

4) Plan.
Sometimes when I'm up really late, I get into this hyper-planning mode. I make and organize pedantic lists, spanning all aspects of whatever I want to accomplish in the proximal few hours/days. Experience has taught me that late nights really fuel my pseudo-perfectionism, so when I'm overly stressed for school or other important things, it's best just not to let myself reach that phase.

No comments: