Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hoy es lunes...

I've found that it's nearly impossible for me to write and listen to music at the same time. It's like my creative thought gets tangled up with the musician's, and I end up writing in jumbled poetic garblescript before I realize the words are only half mine.

In other news, I had an interesting day. I went to the salon to get my hair colored, and my usual stylist had missed a connecting flight, so they assigned me to someone new. Okay, I thought, there's nothing I can do about that. Halfway through putting the foils in, though, the new girl somehow developed an acute condition I can only refer to as an "eye attack." She started blinking uncontrollably and unfocusing her right eye, dropping all the hair supplies to stare at herself in the mirror. Flustered, she excused herself and apparently walked out of the salon, careening wildly out of the parking lot in her little blue convertible. They had to call in yet another girl to finish my color, and I think she was a student or somebody's daughter or something, because she blowdried my hair so rapidly I was honestly surprised it didn't catch fire.
Despite all this, my hair didn't turn out too badly.
I like the color particularly.

I also went up to SLC to make up the phlebotomy class I missed while in Newport. I was assigned to work with a cute 24-year-old premed from the U of U, which was fun. I got to teach him a median cubital draw. He was really flirtatious, even after he learned my age (rare; I'm underage until August). Smart, too.

Right now:
"I've got no plans and too much time / I feel too restless to unwind / I'm always lost in thought as I walk a block to my favorite neon sign.."
-Conor Oberst

I'd like to go on a walk. It's 3:15 AM and gorgeous outside.
I wouldn't like to get raped.
I won't go on a walk.

No comments: