Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Normal distribution.

It's been an infinitesimally exhausting day.

I officially sent in my first scholarship acceptance, compiled and turned in a final portfolio that was finished as of four AM today (25 typed pages!! AUGH), and mailed yet another fat manila application to Texas (why is it always Texas?), which happened to include a current senior picture as a requirement. I don't get my real senior pictures taken until Saturday, so I was forced to send in my ugly forgotitwaspicturedayhairinaponytail one with the blotchy blue school background. Eww. If I win, I will be so embarrassed.

*EDIT (May): I did win! $2000! And, after asking nicely, I was thankfully allowed to send another picture.

I miss someone.

I should be writing an essay for AP World, but thanks to my current war with scholarship applications (don't try to fight this one; they can't feel pain and never seem to die), I am absolutely, totally, entirely fed up with writing.
Okay, this kind of writing doesn't count. It doesn't take organization or, well, even conscious thought, to be honest. All I need is my aesthetically pleasing MacBook, free Internet access and the tendons in my wrists. Did you know your fingers don't have any muscles in them? Nope. It's all crisscrossing tendons, which originate from the wrist and palm to facilitate phalangeal mobility. Haha. I love medical words.
SPHENOPALATINEGANGLIONEURALGIA.
Bam.

Lately, I've been realizing that I like my stereotype.
All my life, I've been associated with only one adjective. This always used to bother me, but I've learned to embrace it. It's not like it was a bad thing in the first place; I was just frustrated because there are many people that couldn't seem to see past it, no matter what I did. These days, I know that people who aren't intelligent enough to discern more aren't people I care about being around, anyway. I like being around people who know how to think. That's why it bugs me so badly when a class (even an honors or AP class) is split up into work groups and they always try and "distribute us evenly." Wouldn't we be more productive (and come to a more sophisticated understanding of the topic) in a group all together, where we can bounce off of each others' ideas and explore new and intelligent ground instead of spending the whole period reteaching those who don't understand?

Just a thought.
As usual.

No comments: