Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Muffled.

Last night, all I remember is flopping onto the LoveSac in my room and falling asleep before I hit the pink, fluffy (I spelled that word 'fluffly' three times before I remembered there was only one L) fabric. Weird. Then, I woke up sometime during the night because my contacts were bugging me. I'm always worried that my contacts might suck out all the moisture from my eyes during the night and scratch my corneas. Gross.

I walked in from the garage after my internship today to meet one dozen red roses and a huge, wonderfully garish balloon bouquet (Timpview colors...haha) from various extended family members, congratulating me on my recognition (which is technically not supposed to be made public until April 30, but who can honestly wait that long?? Not me. I think I made it a total of ten minutes). I love my family.

There are accreditors at my school this week, and it's really funny to watch all the teachers freak out around them. They (the teachers) are all wearing formal clothes and nametags, and the laughably cliche mission statement has been posted EVERYWHERE. It's kind of pathetic that it takes the fear of public, professional humiliation to stimulate someone to actually clean the girls' bathrooms, but whatever. I'm not complaining.

I got some really nice compliments today, which made me happy because my hair looked horrible. I think I used too much conditioner or something, because it's strangely limp and way too smooth. Maybe I'll go conditioner-less tomorrow in protest...though I think that would just end up backfiring on me. And I doubt those sweatshop children in Malaysia would reduce their hair product production volume due to my insignificant boycott efforts. Oh, well. It worked out nicely in my mind.

Besides, I have to look cute. It's Russian Night tomorrow night. We're celebrating the Russian holiday of Maslenitsa (I probably killed that spelling...Slavic is not my language-family of choice), which represents the coming of spring or something of that nature. For the Russians, it's apparently (from a badly translated website) "A chance to muffle yourself in a fur coat and drink vodka with a bear." Well, minus the vodka and the bears (the fur coat is definitely still an option, as is the 'muffling'), tomorrow night you'll find me at the BYU International Cinema with whoever we can get to come with us.

Anyway, I should start my homework soon. I have to memorize metabolically regulated gene sequencing for AP Bio. I love that class.

No comments: