Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Mutation.

Dr. Seuss was brilliant, I believe.
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
Trite as it is, I'll have to remember that one.

Apparently, as a species, people are considered to be inherently social.
I guess there was some kind of a mutation in that part of my collective unconscious.
Don't get me wrong: I love my friends; I just don't have an insatiable need to be around people all the time.
I truly and honestly love being alone. I like just sitting, writing, thinking or reading by myself, in beautiful silence with no one around to disturb me.
It's what I'm doing right now.
Yes, it's 10:00 on a Saturday night, and I've rejected three separate invitations to hang out.
Why?
My family's out of the house, and I want to enjoy my rare moment of delicious solitude.
Is that so weird?

Plus, I don't like dances.
(That's where two of the three invites have been.)
I think I'd like them if someone I liked asked me to one, but that's never happened. I mean, I've gone to more than a few, but it's always been the "safe" invite, you know? I've concluded that either no one likes me like that, or no one who does feels comfortable asking me out. Both situations are problematic and unlikely to change, but it'd be nice to at least know which one it is.

But whatever. For now, I'm happy to be alone.

No comments: