Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Take two.

Today's class analysis:

Chemistry recitation: I like it so far (I'm the only freshman and one of five girls, and my TA is nice), but I sufficiently embarrassed myself during the introductions. For an interesting fact about myself, I said, "I have an anatomically correct skeleton, so if any of you need to practice..." and I left it at that. It was only halfway through the rest of the introductions that I realized that it sounded like I was talking about my OWN skeleton. "Oh my gosh! Can I remand my statement?" I blurted out. "Please," replied our shocked TA. "I meant...that I HAVE an anatomically correct skeleton. Like, a physical skeleton. Not ME." Everyone just stared and kind of smiled. Talk about awkward. I felt like I redeemed myself by doing a complicated math problem on the board later, but still.

BoM(H): I sat with David and a Freshman Academy friend, Stephanie, as our teacher hit us with his first assignment: to read the second half of the Book of Mormon in two weeks. Wow. That's going to take some work. I can see his point, though; there's no point in studying a text you haven't completely read. This honors class will be challenging, but hopefully not unduly so.

Chem lab: I have my own work station, drawer, locker, and cabinet shelf, so I'm happy. The experiments are done individually, and the reports are written alone, as well. On some quantitative assignments, we will share data in a group to arrive at more exact answers, but most of the work will be done on our own, which I am thrilled about. I love lab work, and even though lab reports look lengthy and overly specific, I think I'll have fun in this class. It's taught by a young, funny grad student, and I know about half the people in my lab room, so I'm happy.

No comments: