Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy.

A spot at the Jerusalem Center is officially labeled with my name and picture. :-D
My flight to Tel Aviv leaves April 28, contingent on whether or not Israel and the Gaza Strip have blown each other off the continent. I'll spend four months studying religion, literature, and history in the Middle East, returning in late August in time to start my science-laden fall semester. This means I'll spend the Season 5 Lost finale and my nineteenth birthday over there. Talk about special.

In metaphorical life, I'm wrapping electrical tape around a bunch of frayed wires, and so far I'm happy with the results. At this point, I'm just thrilled it even turns on--it's been so long.

In literal life, I'm in St. George with the roomies. We've road tripped it for the long weekend, and we've had a total blast. After shopping, sleeping, dancing, eating, DDR, bracelet-making, and literally hundreds of pictures later, we'll make our way back to the apartment tomorrow afternoon.

In academic life, I honestly don't know how I'll present to my Pathogenic Microbiology class. Last week, I sat through a senior student's critical discourse on the paper we read with my mind blasted wide open. I have no idea on how I'll teach this class without an extensive background in immunology (which, as the senior I'm supposed to be, I should know inside and out at this point). Either I pick up an immunology text at the library or I'm toast.

No comments: