Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year.

((stealing Angela's New Year survey))
:-D

Where did you begin 2008?

In my grandparents' pool, I believe, after we all jumped in at the stroke of midnight.

What was your status by Valentine's day of 2008?
Most certainly single.

Did you have to go to the hospital?

Yes, and I loved every minute. :-D I was participating in an internship in the Newborn ICU, so I showed up every morning at 6 AM and stayed through however many classes I thought I could miss before zooming back to school, haha.

Did you have any encounters with the police?

Of course. Notably, I got my first-ever parking ticket, thanks to an extremely bored officer. My car was one foot (seriously--one foot) over the painted parking line. At first, I thought the ticket was a joke, and upon reading it I had to scrutinize my entire parking job because I was so confused as to why I had been given it. I took a phone photo, which I'd post here if I knew how to do that. Ridiculous.

What did you purchase over $500?

School. Textbooks I can't sell back that are piling up under my bed. I never opened my biology textbook--not ONCE--and I paid $120 for it. LAME.

Did you know anybody who got married?

Yes...and it was weird.

Did you know anybody who passed away?
Not personally.

Where do you live now?
Same as ever.

Describe your birthday.
Honestly? I can't remember. Maybe I was out of town...? I SHOULD remember. It was my 18th. That's pretty significant...OH, WAIT. My friends threw me a fire pit party. We had delicious carrot cake cupcakes and I ended the night having a House marathon with two very intoxicated friends. Ha.

What's the one thing you thought you would never do but did?
Intentionally suck up to a teacher. It was disgusting. He bought it.

Any new additions to your family?

Yes! Baby. Her head is unnaturally spherical and very cute.

What was your best month?

Hmm...May? I liked the graduation-time stuff. June was fun...HOSA Nationals. September was fun because starting college was fun.

Made new friends?

Yes. :-D It's fun to go through your phone book and see how many new numbers you call all the time that weren't there five months ago.

Any regrets?

Never.

What do you want to change in 2009?
I want to be challenged in my classes! Bring it on! (Please!)

Overall, how would you rate this year?

B+

Have any life changes in 2008?
College, mainly. Living/eating/shopping independently = as good as it cracked up to be, which is a very rare occurrence.

How old did you turn this year?

Eighteen. Word.

Did anything embarrassing?
That's unavoidable.

Get married or divorced?
Nope.

Start a new hobby?
Knitting by proxy? Haha. My roomie took up knitting, and I watched. Anything I could consider my "new hobby" would probably entail watching Arrested Development episodes online during any spare moment. Or I guess you could count my lab work.

Are you happy to see 2008 go?
No. I liked it. Besides, I like being 18. I don't want to be any older.

Drank Starbucks in 2008?
Yes. Delicious vanilla bean frappucino + bran muffin + Barnes and Noble = paradise.

Been naughty or nice?
I'm far too nice. At least, outwardly. :-D

What are you wishing for in 2009?
Mm, to go to Jerusalem this summer and not be bombed. To get a decent start at MCAT prep. To make more friends. Y'know.

Was involved in something you'll never forget?

Graduation? College?

Lost something important to you?
Not that I remember.

Got a gift you adore?
I love my new ski coat.

Tripped over a coffee table?
That definitely sounds plausible.

Dyed your hair?

I get highlights every so often.

Came close to losing your life?

I don't think so.

Went to a party?
Yes. Hosted a wildly successful party? Yes. :-)

Read a great book?
YES. The Poisonwood Bible, especially.

Happy 2009. Here's to all its potential energy.
"Raise a glass, and we'll have a cheer
My dear acquaintance--A happy new year." (
Regina Spektor)

No comments: