Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Imperative.

I love Kurt Vonnegut, and I love short stories, so when I saw this never-before-published compilation of the late author's short fiction, I had to have it (despite a $27.00 hardcover purchase price!). And I was far from disappointed--all 251 pages were devoured within hours of its purchase. The illustrated collection includes 14 imaginative vignettes that, more than anything, showcase Vonnegut's talent for rough and real character development. His enigmatic style manages to infuse the end of each tale with the irresistible urge to scream, keeping the reader guessing until the last punctuation mark falls. The stories range from the fantastic to the dark, the touching to the chilling, each one thickly marbled with the trappings of Vonnegut's minions, Shock and Awe. I can't recommend it highly enough.

My favorites: "A Song for Selma," "Hall of Mirrors," "The Nice Little People," & "Look at the Birdie"

No comments: