Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Assessments!

Wow; it seems like I just linked to this video. Was that really a full semester ago?
It's that time again!

First impressions so far:

(اللغة العربية (فصل تاني: My professor is intimidating and impressive. I like his style and want him to like me! As usual, this will be my hardest class (by far).

Evolutionary Psychology: This small honors class is team-taught by three full professors--psychology, anthropology, and evolutionary biology--and sounds satisfactorily cutting-edge. One look at our reading list and I was hooked.

Voices and Legacy of the Shoah (Holocaust): Reading through my professor's strict syllabus initially freaked me out, but then I came to class and remembered that Ophir Yarden taught me well; I knew every answer. This class will be powerful, and our reading list is impressive.

Still to come: Physics (electricity/optics), physics lab (blehhh), and an honors seminar, as well as intermediate skiing. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Becca Ricks said...

please PLEASE tell me you have ustaaz doug. He is my all-time favorite arabic teacher. I had him for 102 and though initially off-putting, he will teach you SO MUCH. You will be so much further ahead than the other students in 201 because he really makes you learn the verb conjugations!

Oh, and you don't need to worry about him liking you. He loves everyone. Go to his office sometime, he is seriously akin to a big friendly grandpa.

Jessica Elysse said...

I do have Ustaaz Doug! I'm scared of him! But he really does seem like a highly effective professor. He makes me accountable for my work & my words. Maybe if I go to his office I will be a little less intimidated! :-)