Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Bam.


In my Evolutionary Psychology textbook, there is a story about a species of frog with an interesting mate selection ritual. While a male frog is sitting innocently on a lily pad, minding his own froggy business, an interested female will silently sneak up behind him. All of a sudden, she'll burst out of hiding and bump into him, hard. Really hard. Enough to push him over. It's a test. If he flinches or runs away, the female moves on. She's seen what she needs to see. But if he doesn't budge, if he remains solidly unfazed by the situation, well, then he's a stable provider.

Sometimes I want to explode out of my silence and run headfirst into people--physically, emotionally, intellectually. I want to run into them so hard it sends them reeling. Or not. Because then it'd be easy to tell who the strong ones are.

No comments: