Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Primo.

My Facebook status right now is "Jessica was intensely owned by the second redox equation. I was conjuring up imaginary protons like there was no tomorrow. :-( Maybe there won't be."
Which is exactly how my first-ever chemistry final went.
I now have a fiery dislike for the hypochlorite ion.

I hope it isn't as bad as I think it is. I have a tendency to overexaggerate when I don't feel like I knew everything on a test, because it doesn't happen all that often. To have it happen on a final is kind of freaking me out. But only kind of. Right now, I'm more tingly-post-trauma than I am depressed. And if I've calculated the grade distribution correctly, I can get an 83% and keep my A. Truthfully, I think I did better than 83%. I've never gotten less than a 93% on a chem test, and that was an outlier, so I doubt I'd fall that far on the final. I know I missed five points for sure on the free response, though (eliminating the possibility of any partial credit), which is thoroughly distressing. The one equation I couldn't do was, of course, worth the most points. Murphy's Law. Now, that's one equation I CAN illustrate.

Worst case scenario:
MC: 62.5/70 = 89.2%
FR: 31/40 = 75%
total 83.4%

I really don't think I did that badly. I really hope I didn't do that badly.

No comments: