Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Under pressure.

I am so sick of molecular genetics.

I have completed genotyping protocol five times in the past ten days, but something is still going wrong. I stayed until 12:30 am last night running a restriction enzyme digest on what we thought might be product, but was actually contamination.
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS HAPPENING.
Our protocol has been immaculate.
I even had new DNA primers shipped to us on Monday.
The entire grant proposal is due to the NIH Friday at the latest, and it is basically a given that we will get the hundreds of thousands of dollars we are applying for IF my genotypes can be successfully determined by tomorrow. If not, our case has no strength. Everything rests on my results. You have no idea how horribly stressed out I am. Though I am the youngest member on my genotyping team, I am the one that seems to take this most seriously.
And today, I had to go to lab meeting all alone and explain to the lab that, after five rounds of complete protocol, we still have no results.
I feel so useless and incompetent.
Why won't this work?
I feel like it's all my fault, but I know it isn't--my team has done all of this together, so the blame should be shared between us. It just never seems like anyone else is around to take it with me. :-(

I AM A FRESHMAN GIRL, OKAY?!
THIS RESPONSIBILITY IS KILLING ME.
IF I CAN'T GET THIS RIGHT, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'LL DO.

AND, I have a chem test tomorrow that I've barely looked over the material for.
I honestly haven't had time.
I'm past saying "This had better work" and have arrived at a quiet, total desperation. I don't have the energy to scream any more; all I have left is a whisper.

please
let
this
work.

please.

I will stay in the lab all night if I have to. And when I say "all night," I mean "all night."

No comments: