Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Estranged.

Things I Currently Miss:
The Friendship
Having a literature class
My new baby sister
Leisure time
Music (playing and listening)
Real food (I eat Wheat Thins, yogurt, spaghetti sauce, pickles and granola)
You (probably)

The increasing physical and emotional distance between the Friendship members seems to accentuate our differences; last weekend, when a few of us got together for the Oktoberfest, I got a glimpse of how entirely opposite we are. Our coming together as functional friends occupies such a small probability--we were the one chance in a million where something like that works, and I don't think we even realized it. Now, we're living like the people we've always been, but since our lives became our own, we've had far more control in shaping our time, and we're turning out as photographic negatives of each other--everything in reverse. It's both fascinating and sad; we aren't the same anymore; we never were. I hope we don't drift far enough apart that the Friendship dissolves entirely.

I miss people.
I'm a natural workaholic, so leaving me to my own devices doesn't always turn out so well. These days, I work. That's it. I push myself to the limit every day and fall into bed at two in the morning, exhausted. I thrive on wearing out every inch of the day I'm given before being blessed with a new one. I've lost ten pounds since starting college; often, I honestly don't have time to eat. I pride myself on being so good with balancing my time, but I'm starting to think that I'm just on the 'acceptable' side of sucking at it.

1 comment:

Hermana Ferrin said...

I miss having a lit class too. Writing and Rhetoric isn't quite the same....

I hope the spaghetti sauce doesn't go ON the yogurt...