Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Hmm.

I've realized that I see things overwhelmingly from my perspective.
That statement isn't as obvious as it sounds--remember the Golden Rule? Treat others as you would like to be treated? Well, I've learned that that doesn't really apply to me.
I've found that I need to treat others the way they want to be treated, not the way I want to be treated, because the way I want to be treated is entirely abnormal.

I don't experience things the same way other people do.

This confuses a lot of people. We'll do something, and they'll tell me, "This is fun!" At my confused expression, they ask exasperatedly, "Can't you just have a little fun?" In my mind, whatever activity it is that may make so many people happy really isn't "fun" for me at all.
Conversely, I enjoy a completely different spectrum of things than anyone else I've met.

Family vacations seem to illustrate this point in further contrast.

No comments: