Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Epitome.

This morning, I straddle my bicycle seat and roll into the visible heat waves.
I take a trail past the busy roads and into the canyon, coasting up through the dappled shade and feeling my leg muscles grow accustomed to the rhythmic contractions that keep my pace. I picture the bundled fibers sliding in unison, responding to my brain's chemical signals like trained soldiers, no questions asked: Activate the actin, myosin, troponin, tropomyosin, and everything in between. ATP, phosphorylation, electrolyte concentrations, conduction, catabolism, protein synthesis, hydrolysis, feedback inhibition...I am the emergent property of my biology, and that's okay with me, because I can see and feel and comprehend; I can be, and I can induce this accepted psychosis, this surreal dreamstate.
I can feel my heart pounding in blissful overuse, diverting my blood from normal metabolic processes to my lungs and brain, coupled with reflexive vasodilation in response to the heat I generate and now exude, each consecutive push making my outermost epithelia more flushed and shiny with the ecstasy of positive endorphins.

No makeup + wavy hair + a bike ride, completely alone + physiology + spirituality = identity.

No comments: