Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Truths.

A Truth I Am Learning:
When one eats well one becomes more alert.

I spend most of my life either comatose-like-unto-a-TBI-patient or strung-out-like-unto-a-crack-addict thanks to varying quantities of no sleep, killer stress, and erratic eating, a combination which consistently leaves me a paranoid, hyperemotional wreck (yeah, I know you think I keep my cool, but inside my head it looks like a roller coaster inside a kaleidoscope). But tonight some fabulous people made me a delicious dinner, which included lots of indulgent carbs and fats I usually avoid, which I ate at dinnertime (not 4 PM or 4 AM), and I feel like I can, y'know, leap tall buildings in a single bound and see through walls or whatever. This new Truth is complementary to a Truth I learned in Arabic 102, which goes something like "When one gets good sleep before Arabic class one's at-speed comprehension skyrockets." Since I rarely (if ever) have time to get a full night of sleep, I hold myself to this Truth for the two nights before my major Arabic exams. Biblical Hebrew exams, on the other hand, can be blitzed after two days of no sleep with only the occasional Tic Tac to keep my blood sugar from flatlining. In fact, I'll be taking just such an exam under just such conditions in approximately seven hours, so I'd better get back to the cohortative volitional mood and the infinitive absolute construction.

And thanks, Facebook, for assuming that I might be cool enough to be friends with Jimmer, or maybe for remembering that in a moment of weakness I added him one time. I chickened out and canceled the request at the screen that says "Are you sure you want to add Jimmer Fredette? Jimmer must confirm that you are friends."

No comments: