Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Friday, February 11, 2011

ألف مبروك يا مصر


A thousand congratulations to Egypt and a thousand hopes for its future.
Celebrations in Midaan al-Tahrir have continued at full force since this went down (5 PM Egypt time, 9 AM my time). We're watching really revolutionary stuff here, folks. 11 February 2011 is a date our children will commit to memory in their history classes.

I'm lucky to have professors who realize its significance:
Join the excitement! Watch al-Jazeera's live stream (English) here.

And if you haven't checked out Google employee and Egyptian protest organizer Wael Ghonim's touching interview, please do so here (subtitled for all y'all English-onlies, and for me when he starts speaking way too fast).

ألف مبروك يا مصر!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Yes, I am very excited. We've also been following closely. After yesterday's disappointment, I was so surprised to wake up this morning to this news!

Hope you don't mind me popping into say hi. How are things?