Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Justification.

I'm not a 13-year-old girl or a 32-year-old shutin, but I do read My Life is Average.
I read it for the same reason I compulsively read blogs written by people I've never met. Think about this: For the first time in the history of the world(!), we have a collective medium in which any person from anywhere can express his or her opinion about anything. Yeah, 90% of people probably should just keep their mouths shut. But that's exactly why I like it. I have a penchant for New Historicism, and I believe the Internet contains some of the most interesting forms of sub-literary cultural expression.

Now that my interest is justified, I can tell you that the only "story" I've ever submitted to MLIA was published! :-) I won't tell you which it is, but I will say that it is one of very few that is grammatically/conventionally perfect. Plus, it's actually funny (and not fake), which is why I submitted it.

No comments: