Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Glorious revolution.

FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS SCHOOL YEAR, I AM OFFICIALLY CAUGHT UP ON SLEEP.

~ This message brought to you by the beautiful Spring Break 2008: My last one in four years. (BYU doesn't have one.)

Yep, this morning I woke up ON MY OWN at a reasonable hour (9 am) after going to bed at 3. My internal clock has spoken! It's a momentous event. This has not happened since last summer. Wow!!
Six hours of sleep is luxuriously perfect for me. I usually get three (four on a good night), function minimally throughout the school day, and then crash in the afternoons. It can be embarrassing at work, when I fall asleep over my secretary desk and wake up to some geezer chuckling at me.
Chuckling.
Isn't that a gross word?
Sick.
I hate it.

Anyway, I'll enjoy this blissful sleep-cycle-fulfillment while I can, I guess. AP tests are just around the corner. (What a weird cliche. I wonder if it originated from paranoia.) I'm only taking 3 this year: Bio, Stats and English. Stats is the only one I really need, because the other ones won't give me college credit, but my overachiever-ness won't let up. EGO: THIS IS THE END OF THE RACE, AND THE WINNERS HAVE ALREADY BEEN CHOSEN. BACK OFF ALREADY. I really don't know why I'm taking the tests. They won't benefit me at all. Oh, well.

Last night, I had a really stressful dream. Apparently, it was college, but it was a big gymnasium. There was this desk near the door, all walled in by wood paneling with a window, like the Timpview Financial Office, and there were two women sitting on plastic fold-up chairs inside (the Fates??). This was where you registered for classes. There was a huge crowd around the window, and I finally pushed my way up to the very front and requested Honors Calculus, which one woman wrote down. I pushed my way out of the crowd, and then had second thoughts, so I shoved myself back into the fray and reached the window again, where I told her I'd changed my mind. She crossed it off her list. Then, I regretted asking to cancel my class, so I went back to the window, where a friend of mine was trying to choose her classes. They said they were closed and began packing up their stuff, so I wrote down that I wanted Honors Calculus back on a piece of paper and threw it onto the table, where one woman picked it up. Then, the dream ended. Weird, huh? I think I'm stressed about class registration. The registration dates were assigned randomly, and I'm near the very end. Unfair. I've got everything planned out, from my classes to the teachers and rooms, so it's frustrating to know that almost everything will be taken by the time I get to choose. It's seriously killing me, and the worst part is, there's nothing I can do about it. I hope it all works out.

No comments: