Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Frustration.

COLLEGE PLANNING IS DRIVING ME MAD.

I've been on the computer for FIVE HOURS, intermittently calling the counseling center, coming to terms with three separate major schedules (Neuroscience, Physiology/Developmental Biology and English; I'll pin down my science choice next semester), navigating the convoluted university website (every day, it's like I find something new I could have used the day before and have to start everything over again), looking up all my future teachers on ratemyprofessors.com (invaluable, but biased...??), charting med school prereqs, choosing meal plans and housing arrangements, and feeling absolutely overwhelmed in the process.
I chose bed 3B in Apartment 88 because
-- it's by a window
-- it's farthest from the door
-- it's in a corner
-- it's farthest from the living room
-- I like the number 88.
Shut up, that's not totally arbitrary at all.

I HOPE I DID THIS RIGHT.
I CAN'T AFFORD TO HAVE REGRETS.

I'm going to have five random roommates. I hope there's at least one I like, or rather, one who's as serious about school as I am.

On top of everything, today I took charge of the AP Bio lab (as usual)...and skipped a crucial step. Yep, our experiment's going to be 25% screwed. Because of me.
GREAT.
It was an honest mistake, and we did everything else immaculately,
BUT STILL.

AND, on top of THAT, the Prehealth Advisement Center has informed me that I'll have to repeat calculus at the university level for med school even though I have AP credit; apparently, very few med schools enjoy ACCEPTING said AP credit (a fact I wish someone had told me before I spent weeks studying for last year's AP test). I'm taking it honors this time around, but that doesn't change the fact that I've already taken (and passed) the class. Hopefully it'll be an easy A (and it'll get me four credit hours of university honors credit), but nothing's guaranteed. The truth is, I'm scared to take college math. I was overjoyed when I learned I didn't have to take any more after this year. I love mathematical theory (I've even been auditing a university-level Linear Algebra class this year), but its practical application scares me more than anything, though it isn't like I have a problem doing or understanding it. Is there a word for an irrational fear of a subject at which one is seemingly proficient??

∫(college math) dx = scary + c
Yeah, I included the constant term. I have no idea how to write definite integrals on here.

No comments: