Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Right now...

I'm playing statistician for my second language acquisition research and remembering how much I love manipulating/graphing/grouping/analyzing data sets (thanks, Excel!),
reading a lot of interesting Arabic thanks to المظاهرات العنفية في القاهرة,
acquiring a taste for academic linguistic papers (and acquiring the style I need to write my own),
trying out a shortened version of what once would have been my honors thesis as a political editorial,
transcribing interviews with study abroad participants and learning to put myself in their shoes,
catching up on 30 Rock (it's back!) and hanging in suspense over Dexter,
still not believing Jimmer Fredette is real (I walked by him on campus today and was way too shocked to even say congratulations!),
signing up to judge an elementary school science fair,
acing quizzes I haven't studied for (and the ones I have),
enjoying the pretty new red streak in my hair,
loving living in a spotless apartment (my roomie's mom is here),
somehow managing to be late to Biblical Hebrew every single morning (sorry, Carli!),
and trying my best to stay positive despite never finishing my neverending to-do lists.

No comments: