Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Pathetic.

I never thought it would come to this.
Last night I dreamed about branched alkanes--specifically this one, ethane, and its 3 kcal/mol rotation barrier.


See, there are many different conformations of ethane, and some are far more stable than others. In my dream each group of three-dimensional hydrogens rotated in sixty-degree increments around and around the central sigma bond, switching their orientation in space from staggered to eclipsed and back again.

This is what happens to you when you spend two days studying for an organic chemistry exam (ten hours), and then you take the exam (four hours). My poor subconscious doesn't have anything else to work with.

1 comment:

Vickers said...

HAHAHA!!! That is the funniest thing I've seen today. Do you have a program that lets you draw out the stereochemistry? hah you totally made my day :)