Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Bring it.

My epic week of exams and papers has officially commenced. Wish me luck.
Today: Arabic exam, part 1; religion paper
Tomorrow: Arabic exam, part 2
Thursday-Saturday: Hebrew exam (thank heaven this has been newly classified as take-home)
Friday: Organic chemistry exam (Sn2, Sn1, E1, E2, dehydration)
Saturday: Write first draft of 10-pg. paper on Egyptian Arabic morphology/syntax
Wednesday: Linguistics exam (morphology, syntax, semantics)

An hour ago I wrote an essay in Arabic at ten thousand miles per hour, and tomorrow I've got grammar, casing, reading comprehension, and all different kinds of translation (MSA --> English, EA--> English, English --> MSA). BRING IT ON.

In other news, this morning I opened my near-dead computer to shoot off a snappy e-mail to the kids I TA for...and ended up sending the draft to my ENTIRE Arabic class instead. FML.

P.S. The kid I mentioned in the post below sent us chocolate and came over to apologize. I gave him such a tongue-lashing I think it emotionally unseated his ancestors. But I hear he's okay now.

No comments: