Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday story.


Today I was set apart as the Assistant Stake Indexing Director (you probably know this calling as  Ward Indexing Co-Chair). To be honest, I was not too happy after receiving this calling. I really wanted to be an Old Testament teacher, and last week the bishop basically told me that's what he wanted me to be. I was so excited that I'd already planned significant Hebrew vocab words to incorporate into my lessons! :-) But today my bishop approached me and told me he knew I had skills in other areas, but that this program really needed to get off to a good start and thought I was the one who could get it done. My heart fell, but I accepted the calling with conviction (and a smile). In reality, though, if there was one calling I never wanted to redo, it would be this one. I failed the first time I was called as an Indexer--flat out failed. I was so indifferent to my job that I don't think I indexed one name all year. So this time must be heavenly payback. Well--payback or a second chance. Because this time I'm in charge. And this time I'm taking it by the horns, because I want to fulfill God's plan for me. If I can't do this, who's to say I can go on a mission anywhere I'm called? What if I go to Boise, Idaho like the guy on The Singles Ward? (There's nothing wrong with Boise, by the way; it's just an example!) I want to know that I'm totally okay with that. I want to react like this guy (sorry for the editing job; I don't know who does these things).



So starting today, I have to prove to myself that I'll go where He wants me to go.
♪ I'll index if you want me to index, dear Lord! I'll beeee where you want meeee to beeee! ♪

:-)

No comments: