Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Monday, September 13, 2010

:-)

Homemade challah bread at 2 AM.
This is why I love my roommates.

In other news, support my good friend and fellow BYU student Cary Crall, recently lauded by our university for receiving a nearly unprecendented 44 out of 45 on the MCAT. A few days ago, Cary published an incisive but respectful Daily Universe editorial (cached version here) examining Perry vs. Schwarzenegger (the legal case that overturned Proposition 8 in California) and whether the reasoning used by our church membership to support the controversial proposition deserved to stand up in court. The editorial was almost immediately pulled from the DU with this vague explanation, calling national attention to an opinion that got people talking. Whether you agree with him or not, follow this story for the sake of supporting independent thought at BYU--and if the university decides to take action against my friend, please help me speak up.

1 comment:

Hermana Ferrin said...

I first heard about this last night at the BYU Democrat's meeting, and about what some of those members are planning to do to support Cary. So, I will gladly help you speak up. Though I don't like that he wears suspenders...