Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Dimensional analysis.

As of last weekend, I'm obsessed with this show. It's fantastic.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge . . . You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas; you've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.[1]
—Rod Serling

Nobody speaks like that on TV anymore.

Right now life consists of work, reading, homework, TA-ing, Arabic verb forms, Hebrew vocab, apartment renovations, and the occasional second during which my mind concerns itself with organic chemistry. I'm still in Happy-Go-Lucky Fall Semester Mode, an excited state in which I'm motivated to complete my homework and always thrilled to learn. Reality will hit me around midterm season, I think, at which point I will ionize into my more abundant, lower-energy isotope: the tired, sloppy mess of blonde hair and Granola Bites you're lucky to scrape off the floor before 4 AM. Oh, the perks of suffering from an insatiable desire to be The Best At Everything.

In other news, I'm incandescently outraged about the evangelical pastor who intends to burn copies of the Qur'an tomorrow. Nothing irritates me more than when people blindly (and sometimes violently) condemn what they don't understand. As a Mormon stem cell researcher, the sentiment is nothing new.

Article (Time): What Christians Can Learn from Koran Burner the Rev. Terry Jones


weird. i'm in the cougareat and this guy just sat next to me, poured four packets of taco bell hot sauce all over his oreo ice cream and gobbled it up without a spoon (ice cream to face). i didn't even notice. he then asked me if i wanted any, at which point i politely declined, and he walked away. i just realized what it was he was doing, and i think i just ruined his sociology experiment. ha.

No comments: