Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

In flames.

أعرف هذا الشارع
. هو في القدس ، و مسيت هناك كل يوم
كل يوم
I know the East Jerusalem street in the picture, the one beneath the hurt people and guns and debris. I walked down its sunny slope hundreds of times last summer and I know every bump in the sidewalk-- where to jump because of the old, protruding power lines; where you can see the horse in the nearby meadow; where you can volunteer to feed newborn babies at the hospital; where the little boy in the upstairs window always waves.

Today's Jerusalem Post:
"All of Jerusalem is on fire today . . . Forget about a third intifada. This is war."

I don't care about the politics. I don't want to take a side. I don't want to point fingers or break out tear gas or torch tires in the streets. I only want my city to be left in peace. And I know it's impossible.
But when Jerusalem burns, somehow, so do I.

No comments: