Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Time.

I listened to a girl throw up in the 2nd floor HBLL bathroom tonight. I don't think she knew I was there; she walked around and listened for people before she entered the stall and started retching.
I wasn't disgusted; I was sad.
And she wasn't fat.

I'm beginning to find that time management in college is very different from the way it is in high school. In high school, it's easy to quantify things. You can look at your night and plan to complete x assignments for the next day, and then you're done. In college, you get all of your assignments at once on a syllabus, and you get to plan which nights you're going to do which things for which class. I'm the type that does an assignment the night I get it, so it's been weird for me to leave things on my list undone. I plan out full days in advance, assigning myself sections, readings and papers according to the proximity of each class and the approximate reliability of my short-term memory. Math has been the most difficult to plan; I am able to do blocks of assignments at once, which gets me ahead, but I don't want to get too far ahead, or I'll lose the class and have no reason to study. Chem has been easiest to quantify; today, we were given a huge worksheet that isn't due until next week, so I work on it whenever I have a spare moment.

My classes, in order of relative work required:
1) Math 112 (Calculus)
2) Chem 105
3) Book of Mormon (surprise)
4) Writing 150 Honors
5) PDBio 120
6) Univ 101 (hands-on biochem seminar)
7) Lfsci 101 (freshman seminar)

On top of this, I'll also be spending six hours a week in the lab (PDBio 494R: Mentored Research), so I hope I have enough hours in the day to finish everything!

No comments: