Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Monday, April 27, 2009

On my way!

I've just been informed that there's no Facebook access at the Jerusalem Center. :-(
Blogs are okay, but I doubt I'll have much time to post. I'll probably just handwrite things in my awesome new journal and post them retroactively when I get time.
I am incredibly excited.

I've also been informed that I could be thrown against a wall and "aggressively groped" for wearing the wrong type of clothing. Apparently, wearing anything that doesn't look appropriate for a conservative Muslim woman means I'm a foreign prostitute looking for any and all advances. Being alone at any time carries the same connotation (apparently, a woman alone represents an egregious cultural sensitivity fail, as women in these cultures are NEVER out alone). Scary! Needless to say, I'm kind of rethinking my wardrobe.

Look out, Middle East! After just fifteen hours of airtime, you'll get a blonde, blue-eyed American girl who packed baggy clothes and stockpiled tampons (apparently expensive?) just for you.
Peace, Western Hemisphere.

No comments: