Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Fine focus.

I'm suffering from a severe lack of definition. It's like I've got both eyes in a compound microscope with my thumbs twisting the fine focus knob, and I can't decide on the plane I want to visualize. I try and see past this semester, planning for Jerusalem, and then remember that I have to worry about finals first. Before I can worry about finals week proper, though, I have to study for my practical lab finals this week. But I can't focus too closely on the lab finals because of all the superficial details I have to take care of, like making housing payments, doing laundry, and going grocery shopping (not to mention the fact that I'm going out of town this weekend and need to refine details on that, too). On top of all this, I'm planning for next fall semester, because I have to sign up for courses on Thursday. I have to decide what I want to do in my lab, too, for next semester and for the rest of this one, and I have to train a new guy to do my job in the summer. Thus, I'm constantly switching gears between coordinating fall classes, checking off housekeeping items, studying for two different sets of finals, planning for my study abroad, and making ends meet in lab.

Not surprisingly, I can't focus.

No comments: